Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Kitty....and Doggy....Living together in misery....

So my cats had Miss C's dog, Sadie. We bought a kitty door and Mr. T has sawed most of half of the door to put it up (long story, not important). We're going to keep them in the great room with the door shut so dogs can't get in, but with a kitty door so the cats can get around. Until then, though, they're just locked in the spare bedroom. I try to let them out when Sadie's put up or outside. Well yesterday I let her out, so I let the cats out. But it was rainy and gross, so I didn't want to leave her out too long. I tried to herd the cats back into the spare room, but Chairman would have none of it. So I was like "FINE - you can STAY OUT, then!" and closed the door.

What followed was a lot of "Sadie?!" when I thought she went into our room (where Chairman ended up hiding), "SADIE!" when I knew she went into our room, hissing from Chairman when Sadie found him, and barking from Splinter at Chairman's hissing. Blech. Then I hear some plastic rustling, intense hissing, and general flailing about. "SADIE!!" - She comes running in, bleeding like crazy. Chairman got her across the face, including her nose. Apparently dog noses bleed a lot. Who knew? Mr. T puts Chairman up (he doesn't protest as much this go around), I wipe off Sadie's face, and we all go about our day.

Fast forward a few hours: I'm getting ready for bed and notice my underwear is everywhere in the closet floor. I keep it in a little basket which used to be on my dresser. Since my dresser is now used to hold the TV in our bedroom, my underwear basket is in my closet floor. (Now, since you're reading this all at once you OBVIOUSLY know what happened. If you had several hours between the two you wouldn't be so clever, so hush!) My first thought was that a dog had gotten into it. It slowly registered with me that this is where it all went down. So I kind of chuckle as I'm picking up my underwear.

Then it hits me - plastic rustling. There isn't any plastic in my closet! Except...........my wedding dress. Yup - Chairman had panicked into the corner where my dress was hanging. He'd torn a big hole in the plastic. There were only a couple of pulls where his claw caught the fabric of the dress, but then Sadie's poor nose had BLED ON IT. It was only one smear and we got it *most* of the way out. It's still there if you know to look for it, but it's near the hem, on the back of the dress. Who's gonna notice?

Gah - animals suck.

2 comments:

  1. Aww! Good thing this was after TTD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if it had happened before, the dry cleaning might have gotten the stain out!

      Delete