Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Signed, Sealed, Delivered

IT'S OURS!

:)

The Realtor was just here to have me sign a massive pile of papers. Which were apparently nothing compared to what I'll be signing on our closing date (the day I sell my soul for a house). And I wrote my first check. The "earnest money" check. So it's money we'll get back, eventually. Next comes the check for the inspection. And the check for the realty company...to "process paperwork". And then a termite inspection. And any closing costs we'll have to cover. Which I don't *think* will be any, right? Because they're going to pay up to X amount, and then we've got that extra $1k...so I'm thinking we just might not get our full $1k back. But what do I know? And then! Then we'll be paying out the arse for the next thirty years to continue to live in this house. My PRECIOUS! I think its name will have to be Gollum. Or Smeagol. Maybe Smeagol - he was the nice one. But Gollum is the one who always said "My pREcious!!"

I think I need to go to bed.

Oh - exciting news of the "roommate" variety! Miss C just got official word of her start date for her Murfreesboro job! It's in two weeks. Which, if you don't know, or don't care to check, is still in September. We won't have the house until October. Sooooo... EARLY ROOMMATES! She'll be crashing on our couch for a couple weeks before the move!

Gah, there was stuff I was going to do today that I have not done. Nope, not at all. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment